ArtsBank, Inc. is a non-profit artist residency program in Randolph County, West Virginia. The program was originally formed in 1992 by a group of parents, teachers, administrators, and many volunteers. Read more about how ArtsBank evolved into the program it is today.
The mission of ArtsBank is to expand and enrich the arts experiences in our public schools to cultivate artistically literate citizens.
The ArtsBank program assigns professional artists to residencies in the public schools. These teaching artists provide instruction in a variety of forms, including:
- Creative Writing
- Performance art such as Music, Story-Telling, Songs, Social History, Movement, Dance & Theatre
- Visual arts such as Painting, Drawing, Origami, Sculpture and Printmaking
Our artists direct special arts projects in collaboration with the regular classroom and art teachers. Their goal is to
- Provide more in-depth experiences for the students
- Provide intensive learning in a variety of media
- Provide opportunities for educational enrichment, and
- Act as role models for aspiring art students
Our vision is to provide experiential educational experiences that enable all students to think creatively, critically and analytically. These skills are valuable for students to learn as they become adults and contributors to the workforce. We do this through the use of hands-on art activities.
ArtsBank works in collaboration with the Randolph County School Board of Education. We rely on funding through grants, promotional events and donations. Please consider giving to ArtsBank. These gifts go a long way to improving the future of our students and our community.