How to Become an ArtsBank Teaching Artist
Being an ArtsBank teaching artist can be a very rewarding experience. Many of our teaching artists have worked with us for several years and consider it to be a valuable complement to their artistic work-life.
If you are interested in becoming one of our teaching artists, introduce yourself! Contact Jill Fisher, ArtsBank Program Director, by email email@example.com or call 304.636.9150 x127.
Ideal candidates are practicing artists who have developed a discipline of studio work habits that transfer directly to the demands of academic success. ArtsBank screens potential candidates through basic requirements (noted below), review of recommendations and a series of interviews.
Contact us if you are interested in applying to ArtsBank Inc. Generally hiring, orientation, and training will be conducted prior to the beginning of the start of a new school year.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Candidates must be a practicing artist and show a working portfolio as evidence
- Candidates must have some teaching experience
- Candidates must pass a TB test
- Candidates must pass a background security check
Upon acceptance into the program, candidates must attend a mandatory, paid training/orientation. At that time, we will guide you through the necessary forms and registration process to teach in Randolph County schools.
To formally apply, you will need to submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume or biography
- Three References
- Course description or a proposal of the activities and instruction you will bring to the classrooms
Mail to ArtsBank, Inc., PO Box 1933, Elkins, WV 26241