Teaching Artists Resouces
Teaching Artistis may find administrative documents at this site.
WV Arts Content Standards and Objectives
LINKS TO WV ARTS CONTENT STANDARDS AND OBJECTIVES
GUIDANCE FOR BUILDING A PROGRAM
Working with exemplary West Virginia arts teachers, the West Virginia Department of Education has prepared a guidance document intended to help schools and districts provide rich arts experiences for students. These documents go beyond the minimum requirements and describe arts programs that are best suited to serve student needs.
View the document at “Building a Comprehensive Arts Program.”
TEACH 21 INSTRUCTIONAL GUIDES
West Virginia Department of Education provides Teach 21 Instructional Guides. These guides are designed to help students learn in the 21st Century classroom. The guides provide standards and objectives for quality teaching and assessment methods for the knowledge and skills the students need to acquire:
- Dance Content Standards and Objectives (http://wvde.state.wv.us/policies/p2520.9.pdf)
- Theatre Content Standards and Objectives (http://wvde.state.wv.us/policies/p2520.11.pdf)
- Music Content Standards and Objectives (http://wvde.state.wv.us/policies/p2520.10.pdf)
- Visual Arts Content Standards and Objectives (http://wvde.state.wv.us/policies/p2520.12.pdf)
Guidelines for Conflicts:
Teaching artists must follow these guidelines for dealing with any conflicts that may arise at your assigned schools:
- Always speak first with the person directly involved.
- Next, speak with the school principal.
- If you and the principal cannot resolve the issue, contact the Program Director, or anyone on the ArtsBank board of directors and we will act as liaison.
- If the first 3 steps fail to resolve issues, you can make an appointment to speak with the Randolph County Superintendent of Schools.